Work is going well so far and already pretty much up to speed. Its going to be a great job and I am very excited.
On Friday I was driving in Portsmouth and suddenly had a Meneires attack. For those of you who don't know, it attacks your inner ear and makes you extremely dizzy, confused and motion sick. Some might say thats how I normally am, but really this is much much worse. It was a bit scary, as I did not know where I was and Sammy was not with me. I somehow managed to dial 999 and an ambulance came to my rescue.
Now we have heard some pretty dim views of the NHS before coming here, but I have to say that it was an excellent experience, well as good as it can be when I am having an attack like that. I was taken to a good hospital, looked after straight away, had blood test etc, put on a drip and given the correct medication. The care was so good that I was discharged the same afternoon, and went on to have a great weekend. It goes to show you that not all exeriences are bad, and we should try things for ourselves before we judge. And the most astonishing thing is Sammy arrived to collect me and pay, and there was not one penny charged. I got the medication for free too.
No comments:
Post a Comment