Hello dear friends, from a rainy Friday evening in the south of England. Another busy week for us but lots of things happening. Just a short post to tell you about a few things, not my most humorous work, but I promise a tongue in cheek one soon! SO, the big news is that we have finalised a place to stay! Woohoo. It is a nice simple three bed spot in Knighton Heath in Bournemouth. Has a nice proper Englishy ring in the name don't you think? Best of all the home is only 5 minutes drive from my office so it will be a very short commute. I will be riding my bicycle to work in the summer months, and will be so glad to get back into riding. Also it is at the end of a road so the boys will not have cars roaring past putting them in danger. We will share some pics as soon as we move in. The boys will be pleased too as the home even has a proper cat flap for them. So we are preparing to take the next step in our adventure, and although we will miss the Isle of Wight, we will visit often enough to see all our mates here. Speaking of mates, Shaun came down to visit the other day and we had a good day driving around the island, a proper pub lunch and a walk in Cowes. Awesome day it was, even a spot of rain which was badly needed. We also had a kiddies birthday party a few weeks ago and Kerry had made some kiddies cakes. Take a look below at the
amazing cakes that Kerry made for them.
First Class! I was away up north again this week, and next week Sammy is coming with me to Scotland. I am sure we will have some adventures once I have finished my conference, and we will be sure to post them here on our blog.
Some random things to tell you about. One of the nicest things about being here now is that the sun goes down really late in summer. (No doubt I will have a moan in winter when its dark at 3.30pm). So one day after work last week I got home at a reasonable hour and Sam and I walked down to town to buy dinner. Instead of walking straight home we took the long way around through Northwood Park. It was fun and really is a positive to staying here. No worries about having our groceries nicked! An observation though. You would really expect that in a country where they claim it rains 300 days of the year, which we know by now to be a massive exaggeration, you would think people can drive in the rain. Not so. I mean really really not so. Like Cape Town drivers could be considered skillful in comparison. (No apologies to my mates from Cape Town, face it chaps, you can't drive). One spot of rain and the highways look like the N1 North towards Allandale on an easter weekend Friday. It took me an age to get home this evening. I imagine when it snows it may be worse. Still other than a spot of bad traffic its been a great week.
In other news my absolute favourite Facebook post of the week, but none other than Sir Lord Richard Smedley-Williams, ok just Smed to us and certainly not knighted just yet. Its PRICELESS
People say that I think the world revolves around me. It does not. It revolves around the sun. Which,incidentally, shines out my ass.
I told you so! One final thing on this brief update, I hear it is Fathers Day on Sunday in SA. So Happy Fathers Day Dad, hope its a great day and we are sorry we can't be with you. Watch out everyone, for our blogs coming on the Scotland road trip! Much love from both of us and enjoy the last weekend of Super 15 round robin. Go the Sharks!
 |
| Happy Fathers Day Bollie, love you! |
|
 |
| Postman Pat cake, complete with the Black n White Cat. Outstanding and admit it, you are humming the theme tune. Go one, I know you are...... |
 |
| Noddy in his car, complete with Xenon headlights. Ok not Xenons but it is also just outstanding! |
 |
| Even has a number plate and door handles. Sublime. |
 |
| Quintessentially British scenery. |
 |
| The lads, smiling in the rain! |
 |
| Gurnard, and the view across the Solent. |
 |
| Sammy! And some fat bloke. Oh wait that's me! Time for the bicycle! |
 |
| Nice pub type restaurant in Gurnard |
 |
| I am ze pirate......No? |
 |
| Top spot for breakie! Called Eegons because the owner is always visiting other shops, hence "wheres e gone?" |
 |
| Sammy cuddling a 5l bottle of water, she buys several a week (cheap) and then drags them up the hill to the house. I just drink tap water, less effort! |
 |
| Hard life walking home. Not! |
 |
| Sulking because Sammy made me carry the ladybug bag. Good thing no one really noticed. Until now. |
No comments:
Post a Comment