Saturday, 12 March 2011

The countdown continues

With only 4 days to go until we leave, both Sam and I are feeling the pressure! But we are happy to say that most of what we needed to do, sell and throw away is now done. I delivered the ST to it's new owner on Thursday *sniff* and we dropped off 80kgs of luggage at Emirates Cargo on Thursday. It has been a bitter sweet week, saying goodbye to so many people we love, but also getting excited about our move. We travelled down to Durban yesterday, and it was a really good road trip. We had planned to stop for breakfast in Nottingham Road, but the combination of a very slow but reliable Polo, and advancing hunger, meant that Harrismith was the candidate for breakfast. We were overjoyed to find that the famous Bergville One Stop in Harrismith now has a Mugg & Bean. So we were happy to stop and have breakfast. We did still pop into Notts, and had a cup of tea/coffee and bought some Notts Road Brewery beers to drink at my Dad. Last time we were in Notts, it looked like this.






Luckily it was a beautiful morning and we drove down past Michealhouse and through the Midlands which was great. Our lunchtime arrival was perfect timing but when I opened the door of the car, I thought we were parked in an oven. It was so hot but cooled down in the late afternoon. Well I thought it was hot, but it turns out it was a cool day. Today is hot, as in seriously tar melting, stupidly hot! It feels like I can't breath, and Sam is melting like an ice-cream on a hot day. I suggested as much on FB and obviously the chirps varied from agreement, to being told I was being soft. Well I am a bit, but only from melting slowly in the heat! Still, we have Andrew's wedding celebration in Pietermaritzburg tonight, and we are looking forward to that and the pool at his home! Again it will be very sad to say goodbye to all our friends and family both down here in Natal and back home in Gauteng. But I do have scenes like this to look forward to (taken in Bath in 2009)


And Janet has just told me that it is even hotter in Pietermaritzburg. So hopefully I don't melt first.....

No comments:

Post a Comment