On that note, I had a long chat to Conan this morning on Skype (my Skype address is richardwillssa) and we are getting really excited about our move. Conan mercifully had the camera off as he was talking to me from his bathroom, having a morning bath (or is that weekly in his case? never sure). I think, no I know, we are going to be just fine. We are steadily planning our first few days in the UK, which will include two trips to see the boys in Ottershaw, and a day in London. But most of all, Conan and I have planned my first braai on the Isle of Wight for Friday 18 March. Looking at the long range forecast, it says it will be 11 degrees at lunchtime, and 4 degrees in the evening. Perfect weather then for a braai.....
Sunday, 6 March 2011
Lazy Sundays
As our countdown begins to our departure on 16 March we spent a reasonably varied but lazy (on my part anyway) day with Nat and Dom. Sam was out early for a breakfast and then to the office, and I spent the day watching the Proteas choke lose to England. But when she got back, Nat and the kids, and the two of us went for a walk around Lonehill. It was fun to spend time with them, watching Andy push his bike up the hills, and then tear off down the downhills, leaving his uncle (me) and his mom and aunt sweating as he negotiated the paths and other obstacles. Sam did the walk with us, which was 3kms, and then did the loop again but this time at a canter/jog. She is a little loopy, but she looks fabulous! I could learn a thing or two from her! We are having a roast dinner with veggie option for Sam. Andy has a silly looking grin on his face, but that's from too much Sparletta Raseberry juice. Dom has some dodgy local "music" playing, whilst he consoles himself at Man Utd's spanking at the hands of Liverpool. Despite the mozzies trying to carry me away, we are going to have our roast dinner outside. Making the most of our last few days in Africa then!
On that note, I had a long chat to Conan this morning on Skype (my Skype address is richardwillssa) and we are getting really excited about our move. Conan mercifully had the camera off as he was talking to me from his bathroom, having a morning bath (or is that weekly in his case? never sure). I think, no I know, we are going to be just fine. We are steadily planning our first few days in the UK, which will include two trips to see the boys in Ottershaw, and a day in London. But most of all, Conan and I have planned my first braai on the Isle of Wight for Friday 18 March. Looking at the long range forecast, it says it will be 11 degrees at lunchtime, and 4 degrees in the evening. Perfect weather then for a braai.....
On that note, I had a long chat to Conan this morning on Skype (my Skype address is richardwillssa) and we are getting really excited about our move. Conan mercifully had the camera off as he was talking to me from his bathroom, having a morning bath (or is that weekly in his case? never sure). I think, no I know, we are going to be just fine. We are steadily planning our first few days in the UK, which will include two trips to see the boys in Ottershaw, and a day in London. But most of all, Conan and I have planned my first braai on the Isle of Wight for Friday 18 March. Looking at the long range forecast, it says it will be 11 degrees at lunchtime, and 4 degrees in the evening. Perfect weather then for a braai.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment