Hello dear friends,
We have not yet taken pictures of the new home to put on the blog. I would tell you this is because we are so busy and haven't really had time. Well, this is true, but the real reason is the house is pretty much still upside down despite the monumental efforts by Sammy to get it sorted so far. We are getting used to the new environment quickly, and settling in ready for the cats. One unexpected bonus of our choice of home is its location. Sammy discovered that we have a large nature reserve next to us whilst out on a run. I took my new mountain bike for a burn through it on the weekend and it is my new personal playground. Its called Canford Heath and I have put some pictures below. I haven't really ridden a mountain bike for two years as most of you will know I focussed on off road motorbikes instead. So the first ride out was a little daunting. I am happy to report the new bike is very good, nice and comfortable to ride and uses the new technology 29 inch wheels (normal bikes use 26 inch wheels). The only difficulty is the slightly overweight and very lazy meaty bit on top of the bike. He needs a lot of work on getting fit again! I would have taken more pictures but I was bleeding from my eyes by the time I took this lot. It was only a 10km ride in the end. My old riding partners (Owen, Mark, Guy, Sarah, Rob E, Garrick, I mean you guys yes!) might snigger at this point, but in my defence I have had to sample a lot of local food and beer in order to make informed choices on eating here on mud island. The three chocolate chip cookies I ate whilst typing this paragraph are only energy for this evening's ride. I promise.
 |
| Up one of the sandy hills. Target is to ride it in a week or two. |
 |
| Playground! |
 |
| Sandy downhill, collar bone breaker. Must avoid this.... |
 |
| Ok so I saw a squirell, but perhaps was a little slow on the picture |
 |
| The new beastie. Don't you love the matching grips? |
No comments:
Post a Comment